Pod Your Reef

7.5G Water Cube

Coinee

I haven't had a tank in a little while and have just been lurking the forums on and off since I've been traveling. Well, I'm going to be stable for the next while so I figured why not get a bigger tank. For people who don't know, I had a 2G jar first then a ~3.5G tank. So, as my thread name suggests and to continue the trend...I have a larger tank now: a 7.5G cube!

I decided I would probably start trying to keep a couple higher end corals now that I have full-time employment as an electrical engineer for the past few months (yay no more university). Also, I decided to keep fish. 

Tank.png

Will be getting some sand and stuff soon. Already leaked tested the tank for a few days, it was all good so I spray painted the bank of it with Rustoleum Spray paint. 

Aquarium Specs:

• Aquarium: Seapora 12"x12"x12" Cube (7.5 Gallons)
  • Filter: AquaClear 70 (Will be modding to have a refugium)
  • Heater: 50W Eheim Jager
  • Light: Asta 20 (Will upgrade when I decide what next, possibly AI Prime HD+)
  • Auto-top off: Manual for the time being
  • Sand: Carib Sea Sand 
  • Rock: Dry rock from my old tank and some live rock from local hobbyist
  • Salt: Red Sea Coral Pro

Livestock:

• Fish:
  • To be decided: May get one small clown fish possibly because I know I am going to upgrade to a larger tank again in probably months to a year.

• Inverts:
  • To be decided: Snails, maybe a hermit crab or two. Really considering a fire shrimp and porcelain anemone crab or pom-pom crab. 

• Coral:
  • To be decided: Looking to mostly have a softie and LPS tank. May try a few SPS as I get down the road and stabilize the tank more. 
  • Like 1
31 minutes ago, Coinee said:

I haven't had a tank in a little while and have just been lurking the forums on and off since I've been traveling. Well, I'm going to be stable for the next while so I figured why not get a bigger tank. For people who don't know, I had a 2G jar first then a ~3.5G tank. So, as my thread name suggests and to continue the trend...I have a larger tank now: a 7.5G cube!

I decided I would probably start trying to keep a couple higher end corals now that I have full-time employment as an electrical engineer for the past few months (yay no more university). Also, I decided to keep fish. 

Tank.png

Will be getting some sand and stuff soon. Already leaked tested the tank for a few days, it was all good so I spray painted the bank of it with Rustoleum Spray paint. 

Aquarium Specs:

• Aquarium: Seapora 12"x12"x12" Cube (7.5 Gallons)
  • Filter: AquaClear 70 (Will be modding to have a refugium)
  • Heater: 50W Eheim Jager
  • Light: Asta 20 (Will upgrade when I decide what next, possibly AI Prime HD+)
  • Auto-top off: Manual for the time being
  • Sand: Carib Sea Sand 
  • Rock: Dry rock from my old tank and some live rock from local hobbyist
  • Salt: Red Sea Coral Pro

Livestock:

• Fish:
  • To be decided: May get one small clown fish possibly because I know I am going to upgrade to a larger tank again in probably months to a year.

• Inverts:
  • To be decided: Snails, maybe a hermit crab or two. Really considering a fire shrimp and porcelain anemone crab or pom-pom crab. 

• Coral:
  • To be decided: Looking to mostly have a softie and LPS tank. May try a few SPS as I get down the road and stabilize the tank more. 

I love the tiny cubes. Can’t wait to see what you do. 😊

The bad news it this tank is probably not going to be up and running for a while: I found a bedbug last night in my apartment so my apartment is going to need to be sprayed for bedbugs and I don't want to have a tank going when there is spraying. So they'll probably spray this week then spray again in 4-6 weeks.

The good news is that I don't have the tank up so I don't have to worry about livestock. 

• Sad 1
1 minute ago, Coinee said:

The bad news it this tank is probably not going to be up and running for a while: I found a bedbug last night in my apartment so my apartment is going to need to be sprayed for bedbugs and I don't want to have a tank going when there is spraying. So they'll probably spray this week then spray again in 4-6 weeks.

The good news is that I don't have the tank up so I don't have to worry about livestock. 

Oh no! 

hopefully they get them taken care of quickly.