Innovative Marine Aquariums

New member from Tallahassee, FL

icatchsnook

Hi all,

Have learned a lot from this forum over the last 10months or so since starting up my biocube16 as a mixed reef system and appreciate the specificity here to smaller systems and the good member activity.  Excited to join and begin discussing with you all.  Might get a journal started but will have to find the time to carve out to do the writeup and collect the pictures, my reefing journey has been certainly filled with plenty of harrowing (deep learning) experiences. 

I have tried a bunch of different configurations but currently have the biocube setup with with: chaeto refugium in chamber 2 running on Acke brand grow light, trimmed tab between chamber 1&2, upgraded MJ1200 return pump & OW10 Jebao wavemaker.  Stock is currently: yellow assessor basslet, pygmy yellow banded possum wrasse, scissortail dartfish, mix of cerith, bumblebee, turbo, nassarius & nerite snails, serpent star, yellow featherduster & a couple dwarf red hermits.  Corals are: cinnamon grandis palys, mix of several zoas, orange crush echinata, yellow flowerpot gonio, green hammer, purple octospawn, pink blasto, clove polyps, green star polyps, reverse superman monti & pinwheel fungia.

Looking forward to continuing to learn and grow out the coral in the tank.

Thanks,

Jeff

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, icatchsnook said:

Hi all,

Have learned a lot from this forum over the last 10months or so since starting up my biocube16 as a mixed reef system and appreciate the specificity here to smaller systems and the good member activity.  Excited to join and begin discussing with you all.  Might get a journal started but will have to find the time to carve out to do the writeup and collect the pictures, my reefing journey has been certainly filled with plenty of harrowing (deep learning) experiences. 

I have tried a bunch of different configurations but currently have the biocube setup with with: chaeto refugium in chamber 2 running on Acke brand grow light, trimmed tab between chamber 1&2, upgraded MJ1200 return pump & OW10 Jebao wavemaker.  Stock is currently: yellow assessor basslet, pygmy yellow banded possum wrasse, scissortail dartfish, mix of cerith, bumblebee, turbo, nassarius & nerite snails, serpent star, yellow featherduster & a couple dwarf red hermits.  Corals are: cinnamon grandis palys, mix of several zoas, orange crush echinata, yellow flowerpot gonio, green hammer, purple octospawn, pink blasto, clove polyps, green star polyps, reverse superman monti & pinwheel fungia.

Looking forward to continuing to learn and grow out the coral in the tank.

Thanks,

Jeff

welcome to NR! 😊

we need pictures! 

• Like 3

Thanks all, appreciate the welcome. 

Grabbed a couple pictures today before the white lights came on.  Please bear in mind looking at these that I have been on quite a rollercoaster ride since starting this tank 9 months ago (and it is my first reef tank that in retrospect was setup in rushed way).  There are some coral skeletons in there I am skeptically hopeful may regrow one day, the aquascape is terrible and I'm going to redo it someday soon and most of my corals are still in recovery from the last deep learning experience I had regarding a 4 month period of use of cheap faulty digital thermometers bought online.  My fish are really shy so I took a couple shots, one with the assessor and dartfish in there and another with the possum wrasse.  Dartfish is coming out soon and getting replaced with Helfrichi, most coral is on the mend after some pretty bad STN that was alleviated with some dips and bringing temps back inline about 3 weeks ago.

IMG_1029.JPG

IMG_1030.JPG

• Like 1