ReefCleaners.org

Aquamanta 90l aquascape

Tazjunky

Hi everyone, 

Just set up my first aquascape using caribsea life rocks, any criticisms?  I think there's enough room for circulation and cleaning the back panel. 3 caves for the fish to hide in. Largely going to be coral heavy with a couple of clowns and a sand sifter, cuc. Tank measures 60x40x40cm 

Tia

IMG_20190925_125348.jpg

IMG_20190925_125308.jpg

• Like 1

I like it!!   Looks like you might be pretty close on the two glass sides though.  Make sure you can clean the glass on those sides with a magnet cleaner or whatever you intend to use or they will get funky fast and make you unhappy.

• Like 1

Thanks for the tips. I've moved the side rocks away from the glass so a cleaner magnet will fit. 

As mentioned on the original post I'm only hoping to have a couple of clowns and soft corals

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I think you will be happy that you moved the rock and you will be able to keep the sides clean.  I have stuff growing to the edge of my pico and have to take everything out to clean the inside of the tank.  It means I have to redo the rock with every tank cleaning.

• Like 1
Christopher Marks
On 9/25/2019 at 8:18 AM, Tazjunky said:

Hi everyone, 

Just set up my first aquascape using caribsea life rocks, any criticisms?  I think there's enough room for circulation and cleaning the back panel. 3 caves for the fish to hide in. Largely going to be coral heavy with a couple of clowns and a sand sifter, cuc. Tank measures 60x40x40cm 

Tia

IMG_20190925_125348.jpg

IMG_20190925_125308.jpg

It really turned out nice! I like the foreground transitions. How is your new reef coming along?

1 hour ago, Christopher Marks said:

It really turned out nice! I like the foreground transitions. How is your new reef coming along?

Hey 👋 

thanks, I’m just finishing the cycling process but go away on holiday for a few weeks so once I’m back I’ll start stocking with some clean up crew. The brown algae is just starting to appear on rock work and a few specks are on the sand bed, but nothing too mental yet 😁