Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Aqueon Corner Overflow Dam needed

DSA65PRO

I have a 20 year old All-Glass 90 Aquarium. It needs a re-Silicone. Several years ago someone talked me into cutting the Black Overflow dam. It was a disaster, that I had to put up with. I'd like to rehab this Aquarium, but I need an Overflow Dam. If someone has one from a broken aquarium, post a note on here. 

I emailed e-plastics, they said to use ABS, not Acrylic. I needed an electric forming oven, heat it to 250, and not to go over 300 F   Use something to form it over. That wouldn't be a problem for the form. May use the cooking oven, and just self clean it after. They said I could also use a heat gun, with a lot of patience. Would have to monitor the ABS Temperature. I have FlUke Inferred thermometer gun with a laser pointer.   

• Like 2
Christopher Marks

Oh yeah, I could see a heat gun working if you carefully avoid any hotspots by keeping it moving. Maybe you could test on some scraps before the real deal too.

If you have a granite counter top, or know anyone with one, that could make a good edge to bend a panel over and get a right angle. It can handle the heat no trouble.

• Like 1