Pod Your Reef

D_Brinker

2 hours ago, Clown79 said:

I have that ABI tuna blue light over my tank working in tandem with my Orbits-the orbits didn't put out anywhere near enough for the 24x24x20 cube. The tuna blue does look pretty good, but I got sick of having three lights up there. I am upgrading next week to a RedSea 90. I'm excited about having one light that hopefully does the work of three.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

I have that ABI tuna blue light over my tank working in tandem with my Orbits-the orbits didn't put out anywhere near enough for the 24x24x20 cube. The tuna blue does look pretty good, but I got sick of having three lights up there. I am upgrading next week to a RedSea 90. I'm excited about having one light that hopefully does the work of three.

Ya, I wouldn't want 3 lights either.

But on a 10g, the abi would be good.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Clown79 said:

Ya, I wouldn't want 3 lights either.

But on a 10g, the abi would be good.

Yeah it's a good bulb. I got the plant light you find with it on Amazon for the Refugium and my freshwater planted tank. Both seem to like that bulb too, rather than me spending $200 something on a branded "refugium" light.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Yeah it's a good bulb. I got the plant light you find with it on Amazon for the Refugium and my freshwater planted tank. Both seem to like that bulb too, rather than me spending $200 something on a branded "refugium" light.

It kills me the price of a tiny refugium brand light when ppl have great success with Philip's bulbs from the hardware store that costs $6-$10.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
20 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

It kills me the price of a tiny refugium brand light when ppl have great success with Philip's bulbs from the hardware store that costs $6-$10.

Honestly I tried the plant bulbs from Lowe’s first- they didn’t work that well for me. This plant light that’s just like the ABI one got results within the first week. But it was maybe $25? So much better than an AI Refugium light. 

16 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Honestly I tried the plant bulbs from Lowe’s first- they didn’t work that well for me. This plant light that’s just like the ABI one got results within the first week. But it was maybe $25? So much better than an AI Refugium light. 

$25 is still a good deal considering IM chaetmax is $100 here.

• Like 1