ReefCleaners.org

2x algae id, bubble and some sort of caulerpa?

errand

First one has appeared about 3 weeks ago, maybe it was there longer, but since I had green hair algae I didn't notice [until I had cleaned/pulled most of it off]. It looks like teeny tiny roots and leaves, and is growing over the orange part of this zoa rock. [i think the orange is some sort of coral as well]. Its only on this rock so far, this is the same rock that has had other little bits of algae on it. Wild zoas from northern Australia. But even though it looks kind of nice, I think i should nuke it, is it some kind of pest caulerpa? 

Second one - i split this zoa rock into two, and found little glass beads. I thought it might be some kind of algae, like bubble algae, again, it's tiny but also hard like glass, I couldn't scratch it off with my fingernail. Is bubble algae hard like that? It certainly looks like the pictures of bubble algae I've seen, but nobody said it was like glass? There are only these 4 or 5 tiny beads in total. Also i believe they were in the shade until I broke up the rock.

20190917_180244 (2).jpg

20190917_183155 (2).jpg

Pink stuff is encrusting Sponge. The green glass beads is bubble algae, that you need to get rid of. Pick it off the rock, try reducing your lighting. I've gotten rid if it where I couldn't pick it off by Taping 3M brand electric tape over it, also covered it with sand. Where I picked it off, I've noticed blue leg hermits going over the area. Emerald crabs ignore it. 

Oh thanks guys - it looks like the turbo snails ate all of the caulerpa. Its weird, it was hiding among the green hair algae, then after the peroxide dip cleared the gha it showed up, then the turbo snails went to town. 

And yes the most amazing wild zoas from Northern Territory 🙂 the most awesome critters and such end up coming in on them.