ReefCleaners.org

Three LPS in bad Shape - Help

Rip3618

A little over one week ago I noticed my acan heads looked slightly shriveled. Thinking the acan was going through a funk I didn’t inspect any further and thought I’d give him some time to recoup. Tonight I noticed one of the heads appeared to be tearing (that’s the best description I could come up with) from the skeleton. I’m kicking myself in the *** for not inspecting any further a week ago because I discovered I have two small aiptasia growing at the base of the coral. dang it!

Time for a thorough inspection of all my coral tonight. 

This past week my duncan heads were not fully opening (my duncan has the main head and seven additional heads). During tonight’s inspection I noticed some of the heads appeared to be dying or retracting and exposing the skeleton. I have no idea what is going on with the poor guy. Double dang it!

No visible issues with my blasto but good thing I was doing a inspection because I found some dark discoloration underneath a couple of the heads. Not sure what’s going on here and I couldn’t find anything on the web. Triple dang it!

I dipped these coral in Seachem Reef Dip when I first got them. My plan of action is to dip them again tomorrow morning. The aiptasia will be scraped from the acan frag and superglue will be covered where they were scraped from. Aside from the dip, is there anything I can do for the duncan and the blasto? I feel awful and don’t want these guys to suffer and don’t want to lose them!

Nitrate 10
Phosphate .5
Calcium 430
Alk 8.5
Mag 1305

Water temp maintains at 77-79.

A1E8760E-E64B-4D5F-B65F-5E3D163834EE.jpeg

C119F9F2-0452-426C-9F5F-B2450D9D9E5B.jpeg

D0575ED8-1E09-49F0-85FC-3C8E67FBB146.jpeg

B9B2A3E6-4FAB-412E-BDA0-C6E5CD5E7DED.jpeg

• Like 1

Water change is happening today. Tank is six months old.  Duncan has been in tank for two months, acan and blasto have been in for one month. The discoloration I’m the blasto ended up being some kind of leech looking thing (parasite?). I tried scraping the aiptasia from the acan skeleton with no luck because it’s small and retracts I couldn’t see it.  I’ll try again today but if I can scrape it off I’ll cover the area with a small amount of superglue. My big concern is the duncan.  He’s so sad looking. The pic is the leech/slug looking thing I pulled from the blasto. 

D41F6FF3-5C87-4AA4-8F47-C867D0EB4F0C.jpeg

25 minutes ago, Rip3618 said:

Water change is happening today. Tank is six months old.  Duncan has been in tank for two months, acan and blasto have been in for one month. The discoloration I’m the blasto ended up being some kind of leech looking thing (parasite?). I tried scraping the aiptasia from the acan skeleton with no luck because it’s small and retracts I couldn’t see it.  I’ll try again today but if I can scrape it off I’ll cover the area with a small amount of superglue. My big concern is the duncan.  He’s so sad looking. The pic is the leech/slug looking thing I pulled from the blasto. 

D41F6FF3-5C87-4AA4-8F47-C867D0EB4F0C.jpeg

The Duncan in that pic looks great...... has it started looking worse than that?

The Acan looks torn a bit in the one pic but otherwise looks ok. 

Was the slug thing on the Blastos moving before or after you pulled it off?

1 hour ago, WV Reefer said:

The Duncan in that pic looks great...... has it started looking worse than that?

The Acan looks torn a bit in the one pic but otherwise looks ok. 

Was the slug thing on the Blastos moving before or after you pulled it off?

The Duncan hasn’t changed. No better, no worse. The slug thing didn’t move when I pulled it off but it constricted a little. So, yeah I guess it moved. 

7 hours ago, sadie said:

how are they doing?

They seem to be doing well. The Duncan still isn’t showing the three heads that retracted so that’s a bummer. Hopefully with some time he’ll be happy again. 

• Like 1