Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Back in the fold

JPD1980

Hello all, 

I'm finally returning to the world of reefing after a half decade long hiatus, after my last tank was given away by a vengeful ex, I’ve finally gotten to the point of being where I can restart.

so after getting a shopping list together and purchasing it all I’m now waiting on delivery, can’t wait to get a build thread up and running!

anyway, off to trawl the forum some more, take care all

JD

• Like 4
47 minutes ago, JPD1980 said:

Hello all, 

I'm finally returning to the world of reefing after a half decade long hiatus, after my last tank was given away by a vengeful ex, I’ve finally gotten to the point of being where I can restart.

so after getting a shopping list together and purchasing it all I’m now waiting on delivery, can’t wait to get a build thread up and running!

JD

Welcome to NR!! 😊

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
55 minutes ago, JPD1980 said:

Hello all, 

JD

:welcome: can't wait to see it :happydance:.. Please tell me it's a 1000g shark and ray tank because that would be awesome :haha:

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

:welcome: can't wait to see it :happydance:.. Please tell me it's a 1000g shark and ray tank because that would be awesome :haha:

I can't say that, but it would be pretty cool!

Sadly the little old Evo will have to do

• Like 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
4 minutes ago, JPD1980 said:

I can't say that, but it would be pretty cool!

Sadly the little old Evo will have to do

I'm sure it'll be nice :smilie:. I just wanna see someone set up a shark tank.

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, JPD1980 said:

Cheers all,

Well, it will be something based on the Fluval Evo 13.5, the only bit in my list I can't source in the UK without paying a fortune is an intank media basket

Oh another Brit. Where are you based? Have you tried some UK based forums classifieds?

• Like 1

Welcome from an Evo owner.  I know the Intank media basket is expensive and only available from Charterhouse Aquatics in the UK, but I find it really useful.  I tried making my own but it was a disaster.

• Like 1

I'm from Eastbourne, down on the south coast, and I keep checking with Charterhouse, and it's not and won't be in stock anytime soon, I just have problems spending around half the tank cost on a media basket hahahaha

• Like 1
Just now, JPD1980 said:

I'm from Eastbourne, down on the south coast, and I keep checking with Charterhouse, and it's not and won't be in stock anytime soon, I just have problems spending around half the tank cost on a media basket hahahaha

Sweet. I was born just along from you in Worthing. Live in Leeds now. I've seen a couple of media baskets sell on ultimatereef for 40-45. Have a look about, Ebay and Gumtree are worth a check as well. 

22 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Sweet. I was born just along from you in Worthing. Live in Leeds now. I've seen a couple of media baskets sell on ultimatereef for 40-45. Have a look about, Ebay and Gumtree are worth a check as well. 

I was born in Hastings, raised in Bognor Regis, and have moved to Ebo 4 years ago, living the dream 😄

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, JPD1980 said:

Crikey, I only bought mine 3 weeks ago after them being out of stock for ages.  Keep checking their website as before they came into stock for me I was told 6 weeks but they were in stock in half the time.

4 hours ago, Elephant999 said:

Crikey, I only bought mine 3 weeks ago after them being out of stock for ages.  Keep checking their website as before they came into stock for me I was told 6 weeks but they were in stock in half the time.

Cheers for the tip! To be honest, after spending over a monkey on the kit list I should probably hold off, swmbo has already raised an eyebrow 😉

• Like 1
  • Wow 1