Cultivated Reef

My New 20g Hight Saltwater Setup

ny3papi

This is Pic of my 1 week old saltwater tank with 2 yellow tail damsels , ill be posting more pics as the tank matures and start introducing more things.

holyherbiness

ouch, using the fish to cycle your tank

damsels get aggressive, so when you get new fish, try to take the damsels out.

they were like whhat, 3 bucks?

Well i know they can be very teritorial and aggresive with there own kind but i dont think they get aggresive towards other spices of fishes ,but if any has any expirience with these fishes please post youre expiriences.

I would suggest switching to a solid color background, only so that when you get your corals in there they stand out against a solid BG.

Tam

For filtration im using a PINGUIN BIO WHEEL 125GPH FILTER, what color do u suggest for the backround?

The inhabitants that i would be introdicing would be maron clownfish,bubble tip anemoni,watch man gobby , pistol shrimp, 2 blue leg hermits, I will also do 15% water changes every 2 weeks.

Im using Power Glow by hagen(18000) actually im going to purchuse some live rocks today. I was thinking of adding a black ligh fixture to iluminate the tank more, is this a good idea?

i would suggest yu put some more LR in int, drop the bio wheel and do some r3search that light won't be enought for the anemone and you need to know more before you jump in but just my opinion.

Well i know they can be very teritorial and aggresive with there own kind but i dont think they get aggresive towards other spices of fishes ,but if any has any expirience with these fishes please post youre expiriences.

I originally had 2 in a 30 gal . One stressed the other so much by chasing it that it eventually died, Then I bought a beautiful firefish and again the damsel chased it all the time so that eventually it would not even come out to eat and before I could get it out of the tank it was dead. I think they are very aggressive and also extremely territorial. I know a local LFS that has a huge inventory of salt water fish and awsome reef tanks but they don't sell Damsels !!!!

You need MH pretty much..some pull it off with lower light conditions put your water param have to be on point and you have to spot feed it everyday or so for its energy intake. I dont mean to sound like an ass( 0 ) but have you done your research before setting up? Your Setup seems a bit shaky, and having 2 fish be it they may be damsels in a 1 week old tank is messed up however you slice it...when do you plan adding anything in? Before investing in animals you should upgrade your equip...it is much more rewarding later as you progress than havin it all fail within a week or 2

DRZL

Archived