Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Recife eco 40g

tidefever

Can anyone that owns an Aquatop Recife eco 40g tell me what the slit is for that's about 2/3 of the way down on the black plexiglass by the return section? Seems like the water level wouldn't fluctuate in that section.  Trying to get the ATO set up and wasn't sure which section to put it in.  The return section is normally ideal.

It sounds like the usual slit made to prevent the pump from running dry, but i don't know for sure.

I'd silicone it shut if you can and this is the case, as it will throw off the general flow of the back section.

Solarflare8806

I bought one of those aquariums, and am making adjustments and modifications to it.  I am planning on setting it up this week. 

That slit is used to prevent the sump from running dry and cavitating your pump.  I agree with Bpipher that you should seal.  I'm going to be doing that. Just make sure your getting a good ATO and reservoir.  I bought a 5.5 gallon tank that fits nice in the cabinet.

I'm also adding an additional baffle to the back of the tank.  I suspect that the way that aquatop has the baffles half the level in the sump will adjust instead of the return pump portion.  I'm hoping this will give me more stability.

It is a good tank though.  I bought mine for 400 brand new in Houston.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
On 2/9/2020 at 12:57 PM, RecifeEco40 said:

I am looking to get an aquamaxx 1.5 HOB, what section/chamber did you fit it into, the one where the stock skimmer was?

I’m curious to see if it worked out for you. My skimmer pump went out and need option for replacing it. Does the 1.5 HOB actually fit in the rear chamber? 

• 8 months later...