Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Hurricane and macna?

That dank Reefer

That dank Reefer

So seeing as there’s now a hurricane headed straight for central Florida( my home) sometime this weekend has anyone heard anything about macna? The forecast changes by the hour but it’s not looking great. Any thoughts?

That dank Reefer

hmm Well that’s definitely going to change because it’s now a hurricane. Appreciate the enthusiasm macna but your not running in a cat2 hurricane. Hope it just goes out to sea

That dank Reefer
4 hours ago, Opotter said:

FYI.. latest update is cat 3, same track

Yea cat 3 starts getting sketchy, not looking forward to that. I’m right in Orlando too so we will see.

They look to be tracking it further and further south now.  Looking like it is probably gonna hit south Florida swoop out in gulf and hit again maybe in panhandle now... but still so early.  But yeah, sketchy..cat3 is when most of us down here sit up and start to pay close attention.

If a Cat 2-3 is gonna strike anywhere near Orlando, I think they would have to cancel. You can't put people's lives at risk over an aquarium show.

This same thing sorta happened when they held MACNA in New Orleans, which begs the question: Why do these people keep planning these things in hurricane prone areas during hurricane season?? 😋

• Like 1

Hope it turns out to sea.  It will be scary where every it makes land.  We got hit pretty good by Irma here at Tybee with a foot of water in our house.  My tank stand kinda melted but the power outage took out the livestock.  You just watch the weather channel till you can't take it anymore then pack a few things and head to higher ground.  Maybe it will take a definite path in the next day or two so everyone has time to get out of its way.  A cat. 3 doesn't play fair.

I realize I was joking around yesterday but last year I had to get a new roof. So did about half my neighbors. I know how serious it can get. The palm trees were side ways during that storm. Update just now maybe a category 4! 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Yup!  It’s no joke now.  Sit up and pay close attention if you have plans to be in FL this weekend or you are already here!! Cat 4 is a seriously bad dude with loads of damage and loss of life.  Be safe everyone!!

I don't usually stress out over storms, you know it's coming and you plan. But this cone of uncertainty and the slow speed at which it's moving makes me a little uneasy. We've also already had a butt load of run this past week so flooding is a real concern.

As far as MACNA goes, maybe we should all just go today! The forecast is for it to hit Monday, wherever it hits, so maybe they will be ok. But people that planned on flying in may not be able to get in or back out at this point. I for one will not be attending, even tho I'm only about 2 1/2 hours away.

That dank Reefer

Yea the the show will definitely go on. I’m hearing it won’t hit until Tuesday now. I will not be purchasing anything alive at the show which honestly was most of the reason I wanted to go. Last hurricane I lost my whole tank to a week long power outage and I can’t have a generator here (apartment) so I’m out of options fingers crossed.

• Like 1
On 8/28/2019 at 4:48 PM, debbeach13 said:

Smoke a blunt. Ahh this isn't so bad.

Now I know who I am hanging with during a hurricane once I’m in Florida full time. 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1