inTank Media Baskets

10 or 20 gal in the Work Place a good idea?

RubenZ

Anyone rocking a small Nano-Reef  in their Work Office?  Do you find it difficult to maintain while away on vacations etc. 

I'm debating setting up a IM Fusion Pro 10 or 20 gal in my office. My only concern are the days I'm off on vacation which would be 2 weeks max once a year during Xmas and 1 week in summer and 1 week in spring.  I also have weekends off. Obviously I'd need a ATO.  I don't plan to have fish but if I do, it'll be a small Goby. I'd probably need an auto feeder not sure.  

I do have a Fluval Spec V laying around but I really like the shape of the CUBE'ed tanks. 

• Like 1

I had a home daycare and had a 12 gal and my kids loved it.  It had a hood so I didn't have to worry about Barbie using it as a hot tub.  I was a little nervous of ppl over feeding so when we went on vacation (5 days max) I just asked ppl not to touch it.  It always did fine.  There was a summer it got waaay too hot.  I wish I had asked them to keep an eye on the temp and add a bag of ice as needed, but I just had some mad corals when I got home, a few WC and everything was good.

I know it's a little different because it was in my house, and not an office, but all my parents loved it, my kids, agency ppl that placed my kids etc.  I had some really hard kids and sometimes it would calm them down just watching the tank.

If you do it- post pics.

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, RubenZ said:

Anyone rocking a small Nano-Reef  in their Work Office?  Do you find it difficult to maintain while away on vacations etc. 

I'm debating setting up a IM Fusion Pro 10 or 20 gal in my office. My only concern are the days I'm off on vacation which would be 2 weeks max once a year during Xmas and 1 week in summer and 1 week in spring.  I also have weekends off. Obviously I'd need a ATO.  I don't plan to have fish but if I do, it'll be a small Goby. I'd probably need an auto feeder not sure.  

I do have a Fluval Spec V laying around but I really like the shape of the CUBE'ed tanks. 

Anything is doable depending on your office situation.  It seems most prefer something smaller in the event it needs to be moved quickly. 

Several office pico threads on NR. 😊

• Like 1