Top Shelf Aquatics

Surveyman’s 5 Gal Pico - The Start

SURVEYMAN46123

SURVEYMAN46123

Well I may just be crazy to do this, but the bug has hit me.   Today cleaning out the garage I found an old 5 gallon glass tank, and a old aqueon HOB filter.   Knowing I have my Kessil A80 still sitting in my cabinet, and my old rock that I’ve dried out, it could be a decent start.   

Thinking about getting a small bag of sand and starting to cycle this tank.   In my small little brain I’m thinking of stocking it with mini-maxi nems and sexy shrimp.  Maybe some zoas or another hardy coral but not sure what.  Flow would come from the HOB.   

This is a quick idea so still trying to work out all the kinks.   Thoughts?   

Hopefully I can start this up and sharing some frequent updates over the next few weeks/months.  

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, SURVEYMAN46123 said:

Well I may just be crazy to do this, but the bug has hit me.   Today cleaning out the garage I found an old 5 gallon glass tank, and a old aqueon HOB filter.   Knowing I have my Kessil A80 still sitting in my cabinet, and my old rock that I’ve dried out, it could be a decent start.   

Thinking about getting a small bag of sand and starting to cycle this tank.   In my small little brain I’m thinking of stocking it with mini-maxi nems and sexy shrimp.  Maybe some zoas or another hardy coral but not sure what.  Flow would come from the HOB.   

This is a quick idea so still trying to work out all the kinks.   Thoughts?   

Hopefully I can start this up and sharing some frequent updates over the next few weeks/months.  

Do it! :happydance:

• Haha 1