Top Shelf Aquatics

What to dose to raise phosphate?

FISHnChix

3 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

So I'm looking to raise my phos up from zero and was wondering what people are using these days???

i have heard seachem flourish works well for reef tanks. A potassium nitrate solution is another option. If you dont want to dose something you could slowly increase your feeding amounts

• Like 1
Thrassian Atoll

Brightwell NeoPhos is good stuff.  I am guessing you already thought about just feeding more, getting another fish, not using as much media or whatever for filtration?

NeoNitro for nitrates as well.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Thrassian Atoll said:

Brightwell NeoPhos is good stuff.  I am guessing you already thought about just feeding more, getting another fish, not using as much media or whatever for filtration?

Yea I've tried feeding more but didnt really see any difference in phos levels .. I will look into the brightwell product . I havent heard of that one yet

Thrassian Atoll
1 minute ago, FISHnChix said:

Yea I've tried feeding more but didnt really see any difference in phos levels .. I will look into the brightwell product . I havent heard of that one yet

It’s really good.  The directions are pretty spot on with the numbers they say it will raise to.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Thrassian Atoll said:

It’s really good.  The directions are pretty spot on with the numbers they say it will raise to.

Man it just took me like 10mins scrolling through old posts to realize you changed your screen name .. hahaa 

Thrassian Atoll
19 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Man it just took me like 10mins scrolling through old posts to realize you changed your screen name .. hahaa 

Haha, yeah I figured using my last name for 7 years was getting old.  

• Haha 1