Top Shelf Aquatics

What is this??

Reef2000

I have this clearish string stuff all over my rock? I’m not sure what it is. I have had a 20 gallon reef tank for 6 months and last night I moved everything into a new tank my 14 gallon biocube. Before the move the rocks also contained this stringy stuff. Please help, right now it’s only on a couple pieces of rocks but before it was everywhere over my tank and I manually removed it and did a water change yet it came back. Thank You 

- Josh

2 minutes ago, Reef2000 said:

Sorry was trying to make a account. I will get a couple pictures in a minute. 

9C482052-96CD-4438-AC90-758E3BF2FD45.jpeg

1A7D4277-6D62-4B98-ADED-100B9E567AE0.jpeg

B470CB7A-7DE6-492B-9AEF-DDE327A7D4BE.jpeg

they sort of look like the slime from vermetid snails....any hard tubes around them?

• Like 2

That’s what I thought at first, I had those once and spread all over me LR and caused me to shut down the tank. No tubes though, just this slime stuff. 

• Like 2
Just now, Reef2000 said:

That’s what I thought at first, I had those once and spread all over me LR and caused me to shut down the tank. No tubes though, just this slime stuff. 

what corals are in there? it could just be run of the mill coral slime

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

It could be slime from your nems, my nems are always letting off stuff like this. I see it all over my rocks. Never caused any harm to anything 

Nevermind, my phone made those look totally different, looks like it's pretty webbed onto your rocks, maybe a weird fungus? Otherwise maybe jsut nem slime like etahn said.

It can be slime of vermitid snail. And can also be a digitate hydroids. A digitate hydroid looks like a white string with a little flag at the top. It can shrink or extend.