Innovative Marine Aquariums

light for sps

devil

after finnaly understanding that tempw doesnwt have affects on corals (few tests of different corals for bleaching-I was one of the people who tested the corals) i noticed that the only group that wasn"t tested was the SPS corals group!

the testing tank is a 30 gallon tank (something like 39" long 12 wide and 18" high)

2" sand bed and 14" water column

3 gallon refugium and 32" high DIY skimmer (also about 3 gallon capacity)

will 2X120 watt daylight(6500k) screw in pc and 18 watt NO actinic be enough? or shuld Iincrease the amount of light?

also wich SPS is the hardiest?

and wich will my school of yellow tail damsels like the most?

I've never heard of a 120 watt screw in PC. I'm guessing that 120 watts is the incandescent equivalent, which is completely meaningless. How many watts do the bulbs actually use?

That said, I'm guessing your tank does not have enough light. Montipora, Porites, and Pocillopora generally tolerate lower lighting conditions than the Acropora that so many people like, but I think you'll still need more light for most of these corals.

-Chris

the actual use of watts is 26W for a bulb

but it makes a lot more light than that

if needed it will be increased with time to 48Weach

the 18W actinic is someting I can not change but I think I will replace the NO with a new one soon

montipora end pocilopora you say?

Il remember that

BTW how many watts per gallon do you consider enough for LPS and how many forSPS???

Archived