Cultivated Reef

AI Prime HD for Evo - Easy Mount bracket or flex arm?

Elephant999

I’m going to be purchasing an AI Prime HD this week.  I’m erring towards the 12 inch flex arm but would like people’s opinion of whether this is better than the easy mount or not?

I just ordered an AI prime and the 12" flex for my 18.5 fii cube. I went with the flex arm as I think it's more versatile and better looking IMHO not that the other is not but it solid no movable. 

the flex is cheaper too.

good luck with your choice and nice tank I almost got an evo

Thanks very much, I think I will go with the flex which is was I was erring to, and appreciate your input.

im loving the Evo, just bought some more coral from a fellow reefer, so it’s filling up.  

• Like 1
GetPsyched2124

I have the longer flex arm for my prime HD (I think it's 18 inches). I spent quite awhile deciding between the flex arm or the mount but am ultimately happy with the flex arm.

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

Looks like the easy-mount can be adjusted up and down as well as from front to back.  I'd go with this.   Flex arms are more limiting in spite of the "infinite" adjustment range....it's limited.

The easy-mount has limits to, but they are apparent and therefor easy to account for.

The flex arms are also ugly like they fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.  The easy mount is more svelte and less obtrusive looking.

I have the tank mount arm and I really don't like it.  I bump it all the time when doing tank maintenance and I wish that I had went with the flexible arm for ease of moving it out of the way when I'm cleaning the tank.  Some food for thought.

On 10/19/2019 at 10:16 AM, thedon986 said:

The 12” flex arm is perfect for the Evo. That’s what I have.18770129-9BC0-43AE-87C1-369C95B5D183.thumb.jpeg.1ddf345e4fb50fe67a549fb080312fa2.jpeg

Looks like it sits a little too far back and a little too high based on the light spill.

Not suggesting you change anything if you like it*, but if you wanted to lower it and move it forward a few inches would you be able to?

*Some folks would avoid lighting the back chamber just to avoid growing algae back there.  The reef light light in the room is somewhat bad for your eyes but is also a waste of light since the tank can't use it.

Just now, mcarroll said:

Looks like it sits a little too far back and a little too high based on the light spill.

Not suggesting you change anything if you like it*, but if you wanted to lower it and move it forward a few inches would you be able to?

*Some folks would avoid lighting the back chamber just to avoid growing algae back there.  The reef light light in the room is somewhat bad for your eyes but is also a waste of light since the tank can't use it.

Yeah it does move forward but I haven't needed to yet. I am planning on some plating corals off the back where it's steeper and lower light corals on the front half anyways. It's plenty flexible.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
utekevin1313
On 8/20/2019 at 8:24 PM, GetPsyched2124 said:

I have the longer flex arm for my prime HD (I think it's 18 inches). I spent quite awhile deciding between the flex arm or the mount but am ultimately happy with the flex arm.

Hi, how long your aquarium?

I can't decide which size shoudl I choose for a 60cm long tank. Thanks