Coral Vue Hydros

identify worm

DeltaZ

Most worms are scavengers so I don't think it's something to worry about. I don't know what it's name is but Ive got some in the sanded that looks similar. They do venture out onto the glass once in awhile. What time did you notice it? All kinds of different creatures start to come out when the lights go dim or off.

• Like 1

this one comes out whenever, it was daylight for it.  so not sure, it does have black and white lines across it.   does not look like the others i have seen when the lights are off

• 2 months later...
On 8/18/2019 at 12:10 PM, DeltaZ said:

this one comes out whenever, it was daylight for it.  so not sure, it does have black and white lines across it.   does not look like the others i have seen when the lights are off

Maybe these guys?  (from seabass's excellent link)

The M.O. sounds dead-on!

The Dorvilleidae - Members of this family are much smaller than most of the more larger, visible families and pose no real threat to other life in our aquariums. They will appear as very small white lines on the glass of our aquariums and are very common. Each specimen that I have examined under a microscope appears to be gut loaded with algae. While a good many species are extremely small, there are of course much larger species, some of which have been reported up to three inches long.

Photo provided by Renee at http://seahorse.org