Innovative Marine Aquariums

30g 36x12x16 Mixed Reef Lighting

bennyd

1 hour ago, bennyd said:

Have a nano box duo but Dave said it wouldnt be enough.

You may need to add an additional light. To use only 1 fixture, you could go with a Chinese box like mars aqua or current orbit

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Clown79 said:

You may need to add an additional light. To use only 1 fixture, you could go with a Chinese box like mars aqua or current orbit

Do the current orbits provide sufficient light? I doubt I'm going to have any SPS but even if I do, it'll be something cheap and not too demanding. Mostly going for zoas, softies, LPS.

If i could find a mount similar to the orbit fixture, that I was able to attach some hydras to, I'd most likely just get a couple hydras, however I'm not sure if anyone makes a mount like that.

I need something that can be mounted on the sides of a rimmed tank. My nanobox mount wont work with a tank that has trim. And im not real sure that the standard mounting arm for the hydra works with a rimmed tank, and if it did, will it allow the light to extend far enough over the tank to not have a "dead" zone in the center.