SaltCritters.com

Reefscape critique

oba97

26 minutes ago, oba97 said:

Looking for some feedback on my reefscape. I hope to start filling with water in the next couple of days. imageproxy.php?img=&key=c50b0cddbe5b031bimageproxy.php?img=&key=c50b0cddbe5b031b

6696BACF-DF1A-484B-8C14-68E7F0934E0D.jpeg

C10BD24F-6137-4563-8F9C-76A331ECC2C4.jpeg

I agree...... looks great! 😊

Agreed looks nice! Not the common pile-o-rocks look..  if I changed anything it would be the very top left rock. Looks like it was just kinda sat on top. I would rotate it somehow so it looks a little more seamless...

cool scape though 

Thanks for the comments and suggestion. I made a couple of adjustments. I moved to rock in the top left pile in the other direction. Hopefully looks a little more natural. I also added a small piece of rubble to the pile on the right where the 90 is. 

4BB0A331-C2D0-446E-A85A-A26E02C02C4E.jpeg

• Like 1

Imo it will be perfect.. will need a handful of free swiming fish to fill the void with the minimal scape though.. I really enjoy a scape like this .. what's your fish wish list look like??

I really don't like commenting on peoples scapes because it really only matters how the you/owner feels, but since you're asking and it's only an opinion so it doesn't really matter so....The space between the two rock structures seems a little detached and not as pleasing as the first design.  But we're just talking about the  rocks cape here and when you add coral like goniopora or Euphyllia to fill in some space, it can totally change the look. 

Anyway....IT LOOKS GREAT!!! Happy Reefing and looking forward to the progress.

I did a couple minor adjustments. I’ll take a pic when I’m finished filling with water. I’m only adding 5gal at a time. I should have started a build thread. Anyway to move what I already have to one? 

As as for fish wish list... I already have a clown and yellow watchmen in my 10 gallon that I will move over. I am thinking a wrasse or flame angel and maybe a banggai or two. 

I have a bunch of monti-cap, frogspawn, Superman mushrooms and Duncan’s that I will also move over. I have a ton of GSP and while I like it I don’t think I will put it in the new tank for fear of it taking over. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I like you rockscape.  How is the tank going and what type of corals will you be adding.  I think it is great to start a journal because there are a lot of people on here that can help answer any questions you may have.  I know that I have learned a great deal since I started my journal.