Top Shelf Aquatics

Lighting help

AbjectMaelstroM

AbjectMaelstroM

New reefer here, looking for some lighting help. 

Im in the planning stage of my 48*24*24 120g mixed reef tank and finally tackling the lighting. I will be doing a lot of Diy for this project and after some wavering, considered doing diy lighting solution as well. I come here to see what if any diy solution would be feasible/appropriate for this size tank. 

I've gone from doing all diy clusters which would be a rats nest of wires, to more fancy approach of pucks. I was considering AcroStars but have been having a hard time reaching the seller, so I abandoned that. There were also ebay/kiwilights radion clones. Finally I came across Nanobox v3.1 pucks. 

How many pucks would I need to run for this size a tank? What and how many power supplies would I need to run them? I'm trying to minimize the amount of power supplies. 

If the amount of pucks would require more than 2 (3at most) power supplies, would it be better to do T5 hybrid rind supplemented by V3. 1?