Coral Vue Hydros

Water Change with Reef Flux?

Gojo

Have a 4G Pico reef that has a possible Bryopsis issue.  Treating with Reef Flux.  Directions say water change after 3 weeks.  I typically do a 25% water change every week because I do not use a protein skimmer.  

Anyone used Reef Flux on a tank this small?  Can I still get away with a weekly water change or do I have to re-treat?

Thanks

It seems like a possible brypsis issue is the kind you would remove with a pinch of two fingers and forget about.  Why go antibiotic on it??  

Since you are already committed, follow the directions.  

If you don't follow their directions, you can't complain back to who made the product if it doesn't work or if it kills something unintended.  (If you don't trust their instructions you probably should not have purchased the product or put it in your tank.  This is certainly not an intended use of the antibiotic.) 

It seems like you kind of have the cart before the horse on this.

You shouldn't do a wc for at least 3 weeks... 

Keep an eye on alkinity that's important..  if your not dosing and rely on wc to replace elements that's where you could run into probelms.. 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, mcarroll said:

It seems like a possible brypsis issue is the kind you would remove with a pinch of two fingers and forget about.  Why go antibiotic on it??  

Since you are already committed, follow the directions.  

If you don't follow their directions, you can't complain back to who made the product if it doesn't work or if it kills something unintended.  (If you don't trust their instructions you probably should not have purchased the product or put it in your tank.  This is certainly not an intended use of the antibiotic.) 

It seems like you kind of have the cart before the horse on this.

'possible bryopsis' means that I am not sure if, in fact, it IS bryopsis.  But, it is rampant in the tank and other attempts have not controlled it (including manual removal).  Thanks for being judgmental and unhelpful.  Next time, just keep walking.

• Thanks 1

Just wondered if you'd looked at any basics since you weren't sure and because algae blooms don't require use of an antibiotic.  

Natural for me to wonder and nothing was mentioned to say one way or the other.

I'd loved to have heard from you before the dose went in the tank is all.  I suspect we all would have.

For now your tank is under a Reeflux treatment, so again and like others have said, I'd follow the directions all the way through.

If things aren't better after the treatment, or if they're worse, or if the algae comes back....post some pics along with what the scenario is.

Best of luck.

And welcome?