Innovative Marine Aquariums

White string from Clown’s gill

On day 2 of a PraziPro treatment. First time quarantining so I am figuring all this out step by step. 

Just curious if anyone could shed some knowledge on what this might be, hanging from a clownfish’s right gill? 

6404895E-A1A3-448F-9B40-EFE428AC1173.png

97981021-6F6A-4039-AF36-80321D8532E0.png

51 minutes ago, Humblefish said:

Does the tail end look anything like this (anchor worm):

I went back to look closer and it just fell off. I've been looking on the tank floor for it but can't find it. It did look like it had a little feathered end like that, though. 

54 minutes ago, gkr said:

Little guy looks worse today now. Also has a white eye on that size. Maybe some infection?

Does the eye look "popped out" or just has a white haze covering it??

36 minutes ago, Humblefish said:

Does the eye look "popped out" or just has a white haze covering it??

Doesn't look like pop eye. Just a white glaze. Also saw another white string from the same gill, that has already fallen off again. Now he has the same white, stringy-looking thing off the dorsal fin. Whatever it is seems to be changing quite rapidly. He's not eating either 😔

I will attempt to get more pictures in a little bit. May have been a coincidence, but this really started during the PraziPro treatment. 

Edit: Could this possibly be brookynella? No spots, but I was looking at pictures of brook that looked like a stringy slime coat, even coming off of fins. 

Well that was quick. Lost him just a minute ago. I wish I figured it out yesterday, I thought maybe it was a worm that fell out. He looked fine once that first white string fell off. Lesson learned. 

1 hour ago, gkr said:

Well that was quick. Lost him just a minute ago. I wish I figured it out yesterday, I thought maybe it was a worm that fell out. He looked fine once that first white string fell off. Lesson learned. 

The stringy looking stuff might have been excess mucous (from brook) coming out of his gills. If the parasites attacked inside the gills first he didn't stand much of a chance. Sorry for your loss. ☹️

P.S. More info about brook (for next time): https://www.nano-reef.com/forums/topic/402151-brooklynella-fish-disease-information/