Coral Vue Hydros

clown fish community??

panda_jerk

Hey all, after a few months of neglect I have finally restored my RSR 170 back to the point where I can add livestock and make it my perfect reef. I just had back surgery and I let it slip for a while. Took care of a pretty bad bacterial bloom. I didn't have much in there, My black and white clown, Leela, is all good and will be turning 5 this year. I also had Fry who didn't survive an interstate trip from Virginia to NC.

My question is if there is any body that has experience with different clown species in a smaller aquarium. I have a black and white and a premium snowflake in there right now. I have always been advised against have more than two Ocellaris in a tank together and i can understand that, I was curious if it would be possible to have a pair of Clarkis or Tomatoes in there as well. I'm not set on this I'm more curious than anything. I've seen some videos here and there of tanks that have done this but we all know that every tank can look great and calm for a 2 minute video, we're really not getting the backstory and if its advisable, or responsible.

thanks in advance

NaturallyKait

Clown harem tanks can be done, but my understanding is that they generally need 1) a bigger tank, 2) a larger amount of clowns (like 20+) and 3) for all the clowns to be from the same clutch. 

BRSTV did one a few years ago on YouTube and documented it. They have lots of info in their videos. 

• Like 1