inTank Media Baskets

what do you think the perfect tank height is?

Friendly

I've seen so many posts about frustration with getting one's 'armpits' wet because a tank is so deep and the issues with cleaning/managing them is because you need a ladder and such. I think that is why lagoons are so popular now, capacity/volume and easy manageablility.

in my view, the length from your finger tips to elbow is about right...then there are no issues with getting a wet shirt. in my case, that's about 16".

what about you?

PS - one of my biggest peeves is getting wet when clothed. doing dishes and getting that strip along my belly...or when my wife shoots me with the spray wand. oooh...that steams me!  :ninja:

• Haha 1
Houston(EX)NanoReefer

16” is max height for me, 12” is ideal.  Anything higher and it’s too difficult to reach the bottom of the tank. 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, davidysmael said:

16” is max height for me, 12” is ideal.  Anything higher and it’s too difficult to reach the bottom of the tank. 

short arms?  :lol:  :rolleyes:  :tongueout:  :rolleyes:  :lol:

• Haha 1
Snow_Phoenix

My cube is 24" high and if I were to try and stick my whole arm in to touch the bottom, I will definitely get my armpit wet. Cleaning definitely can be a pain so I use extra long tools to help keep the glass clean/stir the sandbed etc. and need to step on a chair or pouffe to retrieve anything at the bottom of the tank.  😔

I think 18" is the most ideal height for me. Should come up midway through my upper arm. 🤔

• Like 1
Houston(EX)NanoReefer
On 6/20/2019 at 6:54 PM, Friendly said:

short arms?  :lol:  :rolleyes:  :tongueout:  :rolleyes:  :lol:

Haha, no. I just don’t like reaching into the tank. I had to compromise on my new build and go with an 18” height. 😂