Cultivated Reef

36 x 18 x 18 lighting options with Apex control

TheKingInYellow

TheKingInYellow

So I'm all messed up on my equipment choices now.  Building out this new tank and my original plan of dual AI Primes seems a bit light for a heavy SPS system, and I've also discovered I won't be able to control the Primes with my Apex since it is the Apex Classic, not the 2016/EL generation.

Options I have at this point:

• Dual Kessil 360WEs
  • Triple Kessil 160WEs
  • Ecotech Radion XR30 G4
  • Dual AI Hydra 26HD
  • Blackbox Lights

So there are issues with each of these, I *think*.  I need to keep one VDC connection for my return pump, but I have one free.  With either of the Kessils I understand that you need two ports, one for intensity and one for spectrum.  The Ecotech I think will require the WXM module and/or the Reeflink?  I'm not sure, and it's also a little more expensive.  The Hydras would be great lights but again no control with the Apex which I would really like to have.  Any of the generic dimmable black box lights would be okay, but I am always concerned about quality of the fixture.

So am I missing any options here, or am I misinformed on the issues I've brought up?

Thanks!

• Like 1