inTank Media Baskets

Wrasse With Ich?

MylesOleary7

MylesOleary7

I was wondering if there is ich on my Wrasse, six line wrasse, 4 other fish in the tank, the Wrasse seems to be swimming around fine, other fish seem fine and that’s the only whitish spot I see, ideas?

B8E7B811-936D-4012-89F8-2FD5D3C0AE82.jpeg

I can't see it clearly in the photo.  Any new fish added lately?

I'd probably watch it closely to see if more spots appear, or other fish exhibit signs.

MylesOleary7
1 hour ago, seabass said:

I can't see it clearly in the photo.  Any new fish added lately?

I'd probably watch it closely to see if more spots appear, or other fish exhibit signs.

I added the six line recently, thanks for the advice 🙂

• 1 month later...

There are behavioral signs that usually go along with the spots.  Lack of eating, breathing issues and scratching or "flashing" are the most common.

Remember on a fish like a wrasse that sand or other debris can get stuck to them as they cruise the tank picking every crevice for food.  So that may be all this is.  Watch for behavior changes as well as dot changes.

MylesOleary7
7 hours ago, mcarroll said:

There are behavioral signs that usually go along with the spots.  Lack of eating, breathing issues and scratching or "flashing" are the most common.

Remember on a fish like a wrasse that sand or other debris can get stuck to them as they cruise the tank picking every crevice for food.  So that may be all this is.  Watch for behavior changes as well as dot changes.

Thanks, he seems happy

• Like 1