Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Sully's Office 30EXT

Sully375

Shutting down my Miracles 130g and moving to an Innovative Marine 30EXT. Seems almost full circle since I started with an IM30L.

Pretty much moving my favorite pieces and fish over slowly. A couple months ago I set up the tank on the stand I used with the IM30L. I've slowly moved rock from the 130 to the 30. I also have been dosing Seachem Reef Stability. After a couple months I started moving corals over. Considering most of my pieces are encrusted pretty well by now this meant I needed to carefully cut up my rock work and replace items back into the 130 and move pieces to the 30 without crashing either system.

I have managed to sell off a majority of my coral and I will be moving a couple fish over but need to find a good home for my other fish. Really want to keep my purple tang but I would hate to cramp it up in a 30. Thinking of just moving the clowns with their anemone, lawnmower blenny and my banggai cardinal. Although I've thought about starting completely new with a CSB anemone and a pair of  Mocha Storms or some other designer clowns.

With this system I am setting it up for auto ATO top-off and auto water changes. I ave ran lines through the wall out the side of the house for skimmer waste, water change, and Unicorn waste. I have all components wall mounted on a wall at this time to get an idea of the layout I will use when I custom build a board and shelves to house all my equipment.

So where I sit 6/5/2019

Tank - IM 30L EXT

Sump - Trigger 26

Skimmer - Bubble Magus Curve 5

Control- Apex 2016, EB832, a Unicorn (Trident LOL) 2xDos, WXM, 1Link, ATK,

Return - Cor 15

Flow - 1x MP40 and 1x Wav

Lighting - Nano-Box Hybrid 4T5/4Led

Sump Light - Nano box beam (I hadn't used this in a couple years so I broke it down, cleaned it up and gave it a fresh coat of paint in a Neptune themed gray and orange)

Photo Jun 04, 6 59 34 PM.jpg

Photo Jun 04, 6 53 12 PM.jpg

Photo Jun 04, 6 54 43 PM.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Looks really good! Good luck with moving all that over will be following for sure. If your purple isn't huge yet I would think you could store him in that 30. I have seen several but they are a touch on the small side. 

1 minute ago, frahny said:

Looks really good! Good luck with moving all that over will be following for sure. If your purple isn't huge yet I would think you could store him in that 30. I have seen several but they are a touch on the small side. 

thanks, I may move the purple and see how he does for a bit

Christopher Marks
1 hour ago, Sully375 said:

With this system I am setting it up for auto ATO top-off and auto water changes. I ave ran lines through the wall out the side of the house for skimmer waste, water change, and Unicorn waste.

That's pretty damn cool! Where is all your water stored in the house?

I think you'll enjoy the downgrade in the end, less maintenance work, time and expense. You have a stellar coral collection that you're moving over, wow! How long has the 130gal been up and running?

11 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

That's pretty damn cool! Where is all your water stored in the house?

I think you'll enjoy the downgrade in the end, less maintenance work, time and expense. You have a stellar coral collection that you're moving over, wow! How long has the 130gal been up and running?

130 has been up a few years. I had some really nice expensive corals I’ve grown and sold over the past couple years but I’m done with that headache. 

All my fresh and saltmix is in a closet loser in the garage. I’m going to use a dos to pull from there. It’s be about 60’ runs. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

whoa, instantly packed reef tank, 😂 bravo sir!  Please share a pic of your 130 when you can.  

I had a build thread here:

• Wow 1

OK so ran my RODI and water change lines today, totaled about 75ft each from my water supply room to the office tank. Need to order another Dos but right now I have a Dos for Kh and CA, and another for MG and topping off my ATO. 

I drilled through my wall and ran my Skimmer Waste line and Trident waste line out of the side of the house. When I get the third Dos hooked up I'll just run that waste line out also. 

Arabic262.png