ReefCleaners.org

My New 5 Gallon Tank - Problem with Green Algae

JohnCena

Started my first SW 5 Gallon Tank and Cycled it for almost one and half month. I was helped by a generous colleague with Tank and also setting up the Tank, with all the information. 🙏 Used Dry rock, CaribSea Sand and RedSea Salt. Fluval V Spec Tank and Led Light that came with tank. Will upgrade the Light soon too AI Prime HD

Current Live Stock:

1. pair of ocellaris clownfish (small size, probably 1 inch each) (added after corals and inverts)

2. Two hermit Carbs (added first)

3. One Snail (other one was killed by crab to take his shell) (added first)

4. Pom Pom Xenia (two branches) 

5. Neon Green Hammer

6. purple tip frogspawn

6. Blue Cestupularia

7. string coral (I dont know the name, could be clove polyp)

Please find the pictures below. The tank was super clear till the fish was added and the stone started turning green and glass too. I have some pods on the glass all the time. 

I don't know if its okay to gave green algae or is something i'm doing wrong.

WhatsApp Image 2019-06-03 at 11.04.26.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-06-03 at 11.04.27 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-06-03 at 11.04.27.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-06-03 at 11.04.28.jpeg

Maybe...you do only have a 5 gallon tank which is not much room for what you already have in there.  Also, the cleaner shrimps do like to pick on things.  I just took one out of my tank last week because it kept picking at my anemone so much that it would never open up.  That was the third one that I tried and they were all a nuisance.  Never again.  I've learned my lesson.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, jfalkartist said:

u already have in there.  Also, the cleaner shrimps do like to pick on things.  I just took one out of my tank last week because it kept picking at my anemone so much that it would never

I'll restrict my self adding a shrimp. Will add a Snail though, i used to have two but one hermit crab killed him to get his shell.

• Like 1