Coral Vue Hydros

Back to the hobby and cycling a new tank

DarkLad

Hello everyone

I'm back to the hobby after a long break with a new tank which is red sea reefer 170.

Ordered so many stuff but seems like the order is going to take long long time, I have now

the tank power heads and old return pump red sea live sand dry rock and skimmer thinking

of cycling without live sand and the rock till my order arrive then add the sand and rock after

I fix the aquascap, what do you think guys ?

would it be better to start cycling now then later add sand and rock ? I mean wont the dry rock

soak up no3/po4 ?

Thanks ^^ & glad to be back.

8 hours ago, DarkLad said:

Hello everyone

I'm back to the hobby after a long break with a new tank which is red sea reefer 170.

Ordered so many stuff but seems like the order is going to take long long time, I have now

the tank power heads and old return pump red sea live sand dry rock and skimmer thinking

of cycling without live sand and the rock till my order arrive then add the sand and rock after

I fix the aquascap, what do you think guys ?

would it be better to start cycling now then later add sand and rock ? I mean wont the dry rock

soak up no3/po4 ?

Thanks ^^ & glad to be back.

You need the rock to cycle the tank.

The rock is the biological filtration, not the water.

So you can either cycle the rock in buckets and at them to the tank after or cycle in tank.