inTank Media Baskets

Micromussa polyp in bad shape

Garf

So in removing an acan frag from a coral disk, I tore a slight bit of the edge of a polyp. I didn't have any iodine to dip it, so just hoped it would be ok. That was 5 days ago.  it was a smaller head that had obviously recently grew in. It looked ok, colored though a bit shrunken yesterday. Today it looked pretty bad, no slime or jelly, but definitely not in a good state. So I dipped them for 15mins in an iodine solution (I used the iodine I swore I didn't have the other day). Will capture a picture tomorrow, dip was this evening.

My question is, are the polyps pretty isolated from each other? I have seen some fragging videos, and they just chop them up, cutting between the heads. I was thinking if I should frag three of the heads that are on the other side, not adjacent to the one that is doing poorly. All I have are bone cutters though. 

Ok, so in attempting to remove the superglue from the bottom of the head so I could frag a couple polyps, the skeleton fractured, and didn't look at all good. There was an area where it had been fragged that just crumbled, and I think the head had issues when I bought it. and my treatment of it didn't help either. Lesson learned, examine frags close before selecting. 

16 hours ago, Garf said:

Ok, so in attempting to remove the superglue from the bottom of the head so I could frag a couple polyps, the skeleton fractured, and didn't look at all good. There was an area where it had been fragged that just crumbled, and I think the head had issues when I bought it. and my treatment of it didn't help either. Lesson learned, examine frags close before selecting. 

It happens some times. I've broken skeleton before and just glued it back together and sometimes it works if the flesh didn't get torn too much. Acans are really good at recovering. Just give them time.

• Like 1