Coral Vue Hydros

Chaeto turning brown

Donny Dutch

Donny Dutch

I chaeto is turning brown and I am wondering why, two phots are posted. The full green image is 2 weeks ago.

biocube 32, have chemipure blue, phosbond, with this light on 12 hours daily https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B071NWXDYD?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

tank keeps growing algae on the glass (I assume algae) cyano stopped after putting in phosbond. Picture of tank attached also (older photo but the algae looks about the same, just grows slower nowadays so not that bad) 

Phosphates were near 1.0 but are less than that now (definitely a lighter blue, not sure what number exactly)

Thoughts?

DE1ADFBE-7E50-4F88-8940-458C551797A1.jpeg

256B2A43-244E-46F2-87AD-2E862EBE00A9.jpeg

3B6D0750-099E-4BC7-999C-E759DDC43ADD.jpeg

phobos2deimos

I'd lean towards blaming that light for not being bright enough for good chaeto growth.  Also if it's a fresh tank you could just be going through the typical new tank algae blooms that get all over everything for a bit.

Donny Dutch
6 minutes ago, phobos2deimos said:

I'd lean towards blaming that light for not being bright enough for good chaeto growth.  Also if it's a fresh tank you could just be going through the typical new tank algae blooms that get all over everything for a bit.

Saltwater and the tank has been active since Sept 2018. I am leaning towards the light being inadequate. I can try moving the light closer until I get a replacement.