Innovative Marine Aquariums

Any body have a cold water reef???

neptune22

neptune22

Looking for anybody who has a cold water marine aquarium, please post pictures and explain what you have and what equipment you run, feeding, livestock...

I would like to start one but they are rare is hard to find people that i can ask questions to

Thanks

• Like 2
WV Reefer
26 minutes ago, neptune22 said:

Looking for anybody who has a cold water marine aquarium, please post pictures and explain what you have and what equipment you run, feeding, livestock...

I would like to start one but they are rare is hard to find people that i can ask questions to

Thanks

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I had a cold water pico, in the office where I worked. It never got over 70 degrees with just a fan for evap cooling. The AC was always around 67 degrees, and it was easy to lower temperature to 5-6 degrees below ambient with fan.  Once had a temperature of 57 degrees on a Monday, over a winter weekend.  But water top off was nuts I would often head in on the weekend to top off.

The swing in salinity never seemed to affect my Catalina goby, but he lived for a bit over a year, so perhaps it did have an affect. I'd love to have a cold water tank just for this great fish, I could imagine a group of them in a tank built for their habitat.

• Thanks 1