Top Shelf Aquatics

feed my new brain?

johnrags1234

i searched on rc and here for info on feeding open brains. i concluded it should be done at night or early morning and can be fed 1x a day or never. I would like to feed my neew green open brain but was wondering HOW much to feed. How big should the piesce of food be? I have some mini frozen shrimp im thnking of using so like the sixe of an eraser on top of a pencil or smaller?

Feed him and he'll be much happier than without feeding. Shame on those who do not feed. :P Anyways food about the size of a pencil eraser works. Another method would be food about the size of the mouth. Quantity depends, how big is the brain? I have a green/red open brain that is about 4" across and I'd say i feed him about a teaspoon of food a day. Thats just an estimate though.

I feed my brain coral from time to time. And he looks happier after feedings.

The size of the food depends on how large your brain coral is, but thier mouths can open quite wide to accomodate large peices of shrimp.

The brain coral is an excellent coral and I recommened.

I've fed mine once or twice. I just dropped a couple dead brine shrimp on it. It helps if you turn any current off in your tank, too.

I've had it for about 3 or 4 months now and it's doing just fine without feeding, so I really don't think it's neccessary.

Archived