Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Pix, finally...

gobies

finally got the pix off the camera...

(and yeah, those are my plastic models in the background... this is not the place I'd've preferred to put the tank, but....)

tank stats as of this pic, which is about a month old...

hardware:

MiniJet 404 (left corner)

Fluval 2 (right corner) :)

Love the rockwork and coral placement, looks very natural.

Nice aquascape there gobies!

(what's IN your tank needs to be the judge of you lighting, NOT these moe's... hehe *wink* )

Yeah, the flash on the camera goes of automatically... it's a Kodak DC 210, which is about 6 years old. I had to tape a piece of dryer sheet over the flash to keep it from creating a hot spot in the photos.

And if you think this is yellow, you shoulda seen the first bulbs I tried. These at least started out at 5000K or 6500K (I forget which). Funny thing: I liked the color of the flower leather better under the older lights -- they made it more of a peach color. I'm seriously considering a red spotlight for the leather when I put the new lighting in the new canopy.

I'd love to put some actinic light over this, but no way am I going to spend more $$ on this temporary setup. OTOH, if ya got a fixture to donate to the cause... :P

i agree with glazer, very nice aquascaping. B)

extending dave's comment: being a trek fan myself it looks a bit like one of those original series' planet settings. the corals are the aliens and the coralline matches the psychedelic period. photoshop a kirk in there and you're set. :P

The plan simply did not include actinics for the 10g, since it's a temporary setup. As for getting NO actinics, by the time you get the fixture and bulb it's $40...which I'd rather spend on stuff for the 30g. They've been fine for four months without one; they can wait another month or two until the 30g is ready with its lighting (1x96w @6500k, 1x96w actinic).

> Gobies whats up with the Star wars and Star trek stuff wedged in there?

> got a Sci-FI nut in da house?

Gad, if it were only one sci-fi nut in the house, we'd probably drive each other crazy! But since we're both sci-fi nuts.... B)

Like I said, those are my plastic models...none of my husband's made it into the picture. I go for the Star Trek, Star Wars, and anime ships, he goes for X-planes, realspace stuff, and the really weird experimental planes/hovercraft/etc.

There's a bumper sticker I've seen that I want to get:

"Some people have children to buy toys. I find it cheaper and more dignified to buy toys for myself." :P

BTW...anyone got a full-body shot of Spock mind-melding with the Horta? (ep. name is "Devil in the Dark"...) I think I have a decent one for McCoy, and a semi-okay one for Kirk, but having the full shot of Spock would be great....

Archived