Cultivated Reef

Normal Yuma?

Belikin

This guy was fully opened last week, but I thought he was getting too much light - so I moved him to  a more shady spot a few days ago. Since then he hasn't fully opened. Should I move him back to where he seemed happier?

yu1.jpg

1 hour ago, Belikin said:

This guy was fully opened last week, but I thought he was getting too much light - so I moved him to  a more shady spot a few days ago. Since then he hasn't fully opened. Should I move him back to where he seemed happier?

yu1.jpg

Ive not had a yuma, but in general the coral tells you if its happy or not:  if it was happier up high I would put him back up high.  What light are you using?

Give it another week, it might just be pissed it got moved and getting use to the change in flow and light.

they can be hit with a bunch of light and still be fine if they are use to it. It is sudden changes they dislike.

• 3 weeks later...

We also have very little to base our opinions on unless you give us more info about the tank.  Usually this means relevant test results and at least one good tank pic that shows the coral and major tank hardware.