Pod Your Reef

Help with selection of color LED ( Steve's)

uwharrie

Hubby was replacing my fan and accidently fried my white LED bar. I am using Steve's refit on a Biocube 29 lid.

the old white bar looked to have two blues and all white LEDs ( no clue what whites)

the blue bar is all blus ( likely Royal)

I need suggestions on what to choose for replacing the whites

I thought 1 Lime, 1 red and the rest an even mix of warm  white 4000K -( or 5000K) and cool white 6500K

there are 7 lights on each bar

here is a link to the lights they offer.

https://www.stevesleds.com/PARMAX-V20--7-up-LED-Array-Board--Solderless_p_331.html

I am also thinking of replacing the other bar while I am in there so would love to have opinions of what to set up with two bars

Thanks in advance!

You might just ask Steve to dial you in to the 17500k color temperature as much as possible for AB+ that seems to be what a lot of people are using because there has been a lot of testing on that range. You could try something else but that value seems to have the most test data behind it. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, hotdrop said:

You might just ask Steve to dial you in to the 17500k color temperature as much as possible for AB+ that seems to be what a lot of people are using because there has been a lot of testing on that range. You could try something else but that value seems to have the most test data behind it. 

well since I know nothing about configuration that is a good idea. I sent an email to them but so far no response

and apparently it was not the leds that were fried. just got in the two new white bars and still no whites. Have lost a couple of corals (birds nest, Acan and torch)  with just running the blues. I had thought they might be ok. So far the softies and nems are OK but how long can they go with just what looks to be royal blues?

• Sad 1

Running blue only should not be the issue but running less light is. 

Check you drivers as well. And other connections. You will be amazed what can get in a hood. 

Yes they said it could be the driver as well. If the hood still had the needed parts I would just switch to  the Nanobox! I am waiting to hear back from Steves to see if there is anything else I might need to order.  i seriously dont understand not answering emails promptly