SaltCritters.com

Tank Setup Questions

Bsawyer

Hello everyone! Sawyer Here Back with a couple questions.

So I finally got my Nano Tank and all the components for it, Been running it now for about a month and a half.

I think im on the right track but i don't know so im going to lay out everything that's troubling me ATM.

So i started off with Live Sand from Carib Sea, and i went with the Life Rock. i ran the tank for about a week without doing anything to it. and i started to do dose it with "Aquavitro" See Bacteria. "Don't know this is a good brand was recommended to me by local salt water fish store". I did what the instructions stated to, "use 1tsp per (10)US Gallons" and then do 1 tsp per day for 7 days. i have done that and watched the tank every day but nothing. Now its been about 4 and a half weeks and my ammonia finally went up. and im starting to get this brownish stuff all over my sand and rocks. this has been happening past 2 days. started as a small little patch and grew fast. Is this normal? Or is this something i need to battle to get rid of?

Past week i have done (4) 5 gallon water changes and its really done nothing to the tank parameters they stay the same.

Current Perimeters:

Salinity      - 1.025

Nitrates     -  5.0 Ppm

Nitrites      -  0 ppm

Ammonia  - 0.50 ppm

Any Help would be much appreciated 😃 i thank you all the post a comment and help this Padawan! lol

tank picture.jpg

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Bsawyer said:

Hello everyone! Sawyer Here Back with a couple questions.

So I finally got my Nano Tank and all the components for it, Been running it now for about a month and a half.

I think im on the right track but i don't know so im going to lay out everything that's troubling me ATM.

So i started off with Live Sand from Carib Sea, and i went with the Life Rock. i ran the tank for about a week without doing anything to it. and i started to do dose it with "Aquavitro" See Bacteria. "Don't know this is a good brand was recommended to me by local salt water fish store". I did what the instructions stated to, "use 1tsp per (10)US Gallons" and then do 1 tsp per day for 7 days. i have done that and watched the tank every day but nothing. Now its been about 4 and a half weeks and my ammonia finally went up. and im starting to get this brownish stuff all over my sand and rocks. this has been happening past 2 days. started as a small little patch and grew fast. Is this normal? Or is this something i need to battle to get rid of?

Past week i have done (4) 5 gallon water changes and its really done nothing to the tank parameters they stay the same.

Current Perimeters:

Salinity      - 1.025

Nitrates     -  5.0 Ppm

Nitrites      -  0 ppm

Ammonia  - 0.50 ppm

Any Help would be much appreciated 😃 i thank you all the post a comment and help this Padawan! lol

tank picture.jpg

Diatoms are normal. Just part of the process. 😊

• Like 1