Innovative Marine Aquariums

perc & RBTA

jaguilar

here is a pic of one of my percula clowns in "her" rose anemone. and i say hers because she won't let the other smaller guy anywhere near it. poor guy is smothering my torch.

my pair of clowns have been together for about eight months. they were previously inseperable. but ever since i added the rbta, the larger(female) hasn't let the little guy go anywhere near it. it's pretty sad, actually. he has to sleep on top of my torch, which in the reef world would be the equivalent of having to sleep on the lumpy couch while your wife comfortably sleeps in her king size waterbed.....

• 4 weeks later...

Very, nice percular i never really had luck with mine. I think went through like 6 =X IM NOT A MURderer ... I just HAVE STUPID ! Family members! an they like to jump in the sump! EVEN AFTER I GATED IT! ^____^ oh well

MORE POSTS!!!! MUST SEE MORE TAnks >_____< *Crack*

here's some updated pics of my percula and her rbta...

zz6percrbta.jpg

and another one....

zz7percrbta2.jpg

and here's a pic of the full tank.

zz8fulltank2.jpg

enjoy.

Originally posted by raciampa

Where are the bubble tips?

that's an excellent question.... one that i have pondered for quite some time. about the only time i see the bubble-tips is at night, but i would prefer that they stay that way(bubble tipped), because this thing takes up way too much real estate when it's fully opened, as you can see from the pics. does anyone know why the tentacles don't stay bubble shaped? is there anything i can do to make it stay that way?.?. any help or advise would be appreciated.....

If I remember right I read somewhere that the tentacles spread thinner when it's hungry and/or needs more light. You might try feeding it something and see if that bulbs it up.

well, i'm pretty sure that it's not the lighting. that thing's sitting almost halfway up the tank, and it's under 175 watts of halide along with 40 watts of actinic. so i'm pretty sure that it's not hurting for more light.

but as far as feeding is concerned, i feed it a nice chunk (1/2-3/4" cube) of raw shrimp at least once a week. sometimes i'll feed it twice a week if i remember. but i would get worried when i was feeding it twice weekly, because i didn't want it to grow larger from all the feeding. it's already too big as it is.

keep the suggestions coming.

Hey, I would worry about to much. It sounds like you are doing everything right, and clown is hosting it. It really looks good as it is.

Archived