Innovative Marine Aquariums

What is it??

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

I found this thing on the glass next to my long tentacle nem. It doesn’t move, you can see it through the glass. It just randomly appeared. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
2 hours ago, Joevember said:

Cowrie?

No, it doesn’t have a snail bottom, and it doesn’t move. I haven’t risked touching it. It was right next to my long tentacle and the tentacles of the nem were touching it, so whatever it was, it was getting stung probably. Could it be a baby long tentacle? It’s the same color, but I’ve never seen anything like it. My long tentacle is pretty big, about 8 or 9 inches when completely spread out

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

It’s not a sponge. It has no holes or openings, and it has something inside of it. Every identification list that I use can’t tell me what this is. I have not had a sponge at all the entire time I’ve had my tank, which is almost 2 years. So I think that it’s unlikely that something would randomly show up, not even on the live rock, but on the glass. I did notice a bunch of white, almost invisible strands of what looked like gel floating around the tank, but I thought that was just my new anemone letting off some zooanxanthelle. Sorry if I misspelled that. Could something be spawning or breeding? And it created this?

On 4/2/2019 at 7:55 AM, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

I’ll poke it later when I get home to see if it’s hard or squishy and see if it reacts.

lolol.... sorry i had to laugh at this comment because this is such a male response... to poke and prod when we have no clue what it is....  lol...

Did you ever find out what it was?  

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
On 4/4/2019 at 11:28 PM, Naekuh said:

lolol.... sorry i had to laugh at this comment because this is such a male response... to poke and prod when we have no clue what it is....  lol...

Did you ever find out what it was?  

No, I never found out. It popped about 3 days ago, and I haven’t seen it since. Whatever was inside is now free. 

When I poked it, it was squishy and kinda recoiled from my touch. 

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

I don’t know if there was something alive inside, or if the ball was alive. But it detached from the glass and is now gone.