Top Shelf Aquatics

Getting back into it! Nuvo...

johnny85

I have been in and out of saltwater aquariums for over 15 years now. To make a long story short I have not had a tank in about 2 years. My daughter who is almost 3 absolutely loves fish! My mom has a big 250 gallon fresh water tank that my daughter loves. Thinking of starting her out with a Nuvo 40. I already have a reef cleaners RO/DI unit. Just thinking of lighting now. What are your thoughts on the Nuvo 40? Birthday is next month and I plan on getting her this for her birthday. Any other suggestions?

My grandmother has the Nuvo 40 and it is a wonderful little tank, for lighting the current USA orbit is pretty nice, and I recommend getting hydor flos' for better circulation

36 minutes ago, johnny85 said:

Yeah i believe I will go with the current light. looking for a stand now. BTW is Marine depot the best place to buy it from?

Marine Depot is where we got it. But ill look into it. We made our own stand so I can't  help you there 😕

If you're wanting to keep Clams or something with high light requirements you might want to go for something else.

And I was just talking and she said she wished she went bigger, but that's up to you

I have the 25g lagoon and nuvo 10g. The IM's are great tanks. 

There are lots of lighting options out there with lots of controllability.

Chinese boxes are popular, a lot of ppl use them for sps tanks.

https://www.amazon.com/VIPARSPECTRA-Timer-165W-Aquarium-Dimmable/dp/B00UMXAR5S/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?keywords=viparspectra+165w&qid=1554141234&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Nanobox

AI Prime

I upgraded my pump to the mighty jet and use rfg nozzles and added a kps powerhead in the tank. The flow is great.

Hydors are good powerheads, no controllability but still good 

The sicce are even better.

There is also vortech and jebao

• 2 weeks later...

What an awesome bday gift 😂 

Maybe this is too small for you but I really like the IM Nuvo 20 as well. I think BRS carries the IM line as well but not too sure which place is cheaper. You do get some freebies from BRS if you reach a certain amount though.

• Like 1