Coral Vue Hydros

My 6 gallon

Davidd

well, see, the thing is, it kind of curves around the sides, but in the picture, it just looks like its along the back. but yeah it does sort of look like a reef shelf.

oh, I forgot. also I made a DIY hood which is total crap. I know a lot of people make hoods on this site, and say theirs is bad, but mine.... oooo....... the stains is all, like, messy, and it's got little gaps, which will probably get jammed with salt, and push it all apart... I've got 4 magnetic ballasts in there, which I probably should have made remote, but I've got a little cpu fan, and the temp never gets above 79... yeah. I just got my rock like, 4 days ago, so the aquascaping is still sort of up in the air...

personally, i like the aquascaping, the only thing i would improve on are some "hills" or something to give it some more height perspective. also, try to block out some of the equipment with some rubble... it'll make the reef look more natural in my opinion.

as for the hood... as long as you're ok with it, who cares how it looks! :) have you seen Marlooney's 10g "Tank away from home" ...? he's got very similar aquascaping and your setup somewhat reminds me of his.

uhhh.. I don't know...how long are those bulbs? the longest I could fit in there would have to be about 14 1/2 inches... Would they fit? well, if they did, I don't think I'd change them...

I've had my rock for about 5 days now, and my cycle is going good. As of today, my ammonia is 0, No2 is about .20, and my No3 is at 5. So... I think I'm at that phase where the No2 spike is going down, and kind of overlaping the rise in Nitrates...I'm just so exited!

• 2 weeks later...

what? I didn't post that? god! that was my stupid friend, ANDREW!! He said he was going to post that, but I told him It would make me look mucho stupid... He must have done it after I fell asleep........... No I'm not awsome.... Im just like evryone else.... SOME people are awsome.... but for now, I'm not awsome..... UPDATES!!!!!!!

Here it is with all the lights on. I'm getting some hair algae, but I added my crew. I got 5 blueleg hermits, 2 Nass snails, 3 astrea snails, and a bumble bee snail. My Chaeto is growing incredibly fast, and my tank is already filled with copepods, amphipods, and isopods. I've got quite a few little feather dusters too.

• 2 weeks later...

WOW! my Dad is really nice! I was going to order some coral today, and my Dad comes home with some yellow polyps and zoos!!!! Totally awsome! Thanks Dad!!!!

I'm still going to order my coral though!

Archived