inTank Media Baskets

Asting's Evo 13.5

asting

Feeding a cube a day still (did mysis and emerald entree tonight). nitrates still zero. Stirred up the bit of cyano. aside from that, tank is running well. rbtas seem settled. once i'm convinced they will stop moving i'll be glueing down the brown sticks.

Snuggling clown photo:

5KI8l8H.jpg

They don't like sharing nems and each go to their own.

• 4 weeks later...

Added an emerald crab for the bubble algae that followed me on coral from the old 20L. He eats cyano, which has pretty much stopped growing. I guess the live sand has stopped leaching.

Also added a few more trochus and they have cleaned the frag racks, which also dont seem to be growing much algae. 

The top purple acro is also showing a bit of growth and has amazing grip tips.

• Like 2

Okay here's a quick FTS while the 175 is slowly filling.

drkerqF.jpg

Algae is pretty much nonexistent. this thing runs intself i feed a few times a day.

I also moved the tank 20' or so. took out the ATO, drained 5g, and carried it over. it's no longer "peninsula style" and instead against the wall because that's how it fit best in the dining room.

I think a lot of the livestock from this tank will end up in the 175, but i'm really not sure what i want to do with the setup because it is so low-key and the equipment setup is perfect.

• 2 weeks later...

water change today. quick shot

amazing sps growth - it's tough to photograph, but i've got green coloration as well as purple in there.

seNTqAy.jpg

• Like 1

I was looking today and noticed i have a 4th BTA!!! I can multiply those, and get decent xenia, SPS growth but my GSP has done NOTHING!

Guess the water is too clean. adjusted the refugium light schedule down an hour.

• Haha 1