SaltCritters.com

Nano cube stock pumps

giacalone

Getting back into the hobby. I am interested in the nano cube reefs. I am leaning towards the Red Sea 20 gal due to it completeness. The Bio Cube 14 also looks attractive per the price.

My wife and I downsized our home. The tank will be in our family room. I believe I read some pumps are so loud folks replace them. Any problems with Red Sea or Bio Cube pumps? 

1 hour ago, giacalone said:

Getting back into the hobby. I am interested in the nano cube reefs. I am leaning towards the Red Sea 20 gal due to it completeness. The Bio Cube 14 also looks attractive per the price.

My wife and I downsized our home. The tank will be in our family room. I believe I read some pumps are so loud folks replace them. Any problems with Red Sea or Bio Cube pumps? 

They're both pretty quiet so you wont have any problems. Then again they're also under powered so there's that. 😄

• 2 weeks later...

One thing to add is if it's loud, it may not be the pump itself but the tubing. I got the waterbox 20 and the loud humming was driving me mad. I bought a sicce pump and it was a tad quieter but the humming continued. I then ordered soft silicone tubing from BRS and voila total silence. Not sure why the black rubber tubing made it so much louder but just a tip in case you have this problem.