Top Shelf Aquatics

Need advice on an Acan

ReeferWade

My Acans are usually very happy but I came home to see this today. I'm not used to seeing it like this and I'm worried about it. Is the one with the white in the center dying? It looks almost hollow down to the skeleton. The one above it and to the right has a tiny hole in the mouth as well and the one directly above it has a little "tongue" sticking out. 
1458377145_image15.thumb.jpeg.6e1e2c9337f40b9567e4c17879b454a4.jpeg

Have you been monitoring your alk???  Amy swings? Did you do a wc or anything before they started acting up? Hows the other corals doing??

Other corals seem to be doing well. I have a couple of Toadstool Leathers that are a little grumpy right now as well. My alk is around 10dkh the last time I checked. No water change within the last couple days and yesterday they were plump and happy. This is how they look right now, not even a half an hour after that first pic, almost just seems like they're opening and closing, it's kind of weird. The pic is darn near the same angle so you can see the difference in just a few minutes.  If I watch a while I can watch them open and close a bit
IMG_0675.thumb.jpg.e8bf1a49bc45dca4173d1465462f942a.jpg

6 minutes ago, TILTON said:

Maybe they are expelling the waste?  I don’t target feed mine much so I am not sure if that’s normal or not.

I'm really wondering on this one... that's where I went after watching them for a while. I'm new to this so was hoping someone would confirm it. I'm definitely leaning in this direction. 

• Like 1
burtbollinger

Normal behavior.

stay on top of your Alk.  Keep it stable.  Never spike it.  I’d advise never not being able to guess what your alk is within .5

7 hours ago, burtbollinger said:

Normal behavior.

stay on top of your Alk.  Keep it stable.  Never spike it.  I’d advise never not being able to guess what your alk is within .5

I apologize and you’re correct. My alk is 9.1dkh

One last thing to consider is if the leathers are unhappy they could have released some chemical warfare into the tank. If you run carbon it could be that it is being cleaned up so the scans are coming back out. Just a thought.