ReefCleaners.org

Ebo-Jager, Tronic: What's the verdict?

DeathWish302

I've used nothing but Ebo in all of my aquariums ever since the first one. I would have thought i would have never switched, but then the Titanium Won heaters hit the market and i was sold. Now that i'm starting a nano, i've heard some negative feelings towards Ebo. What's the general consensus? Ebo, Tronic,...

I'd love a 50 watt Titanium heater, but that's not likely or feasible. So, let's here all you "aged" nano reefers' comments on the heater debate.

TIA,

DW302

Well I've always used Visi-therm heaters, kept the temperature VERY stable in my tanks. I then decided to try an ebo jagger in my new 10 gal. nano and the temperature changes too much IMO.. +/- 5 degrees sometimes! So I've decided to stick with my Visi-therm heater. (And that's without lights yet...)

*It's basically just personal preference, but Visi-therm gets my vote*

If ya really want to be AR, OTTO Compu-Thers are the best withe the controll unit. Ive never had more than a degree fluctuation in my tanks... unless the room was warmer than the temp in the tank and overheated the water.. in which case, it still wasnt the heaters fault LOL

Tonics and Vistherms are decent. Most my nanos dont need heaters due to heads ad lights adding enough heat.

Dave ESPI:

Where did you find your CompuTherm by Otto? Seems everyone has dropped the Otto for the Won Brothers Pro-Heat. Wouldn't mind trying a 50W, as i never knew they had that size (or i didn't see it when i bought mine 1.5 years ago). Anyway, could you give me a hand Dave?

TIA,

DW302

Psss... I'm AR to the T!!!

I've noticed that Vini-Therms are almost gone from the retail market around here. I have always had good luck with them and with EBO's. My friend at the LFS says that the new titaniums are good as long as they work at all. They've had a few dead ones right out of the box but that's normal for any cheap electronics. (And anything less than 100's of dollars is cheap!)

Archived