inTank Media Baskets

GX-23 Ballast besides Fulham?

DeathWish302

I'm starting a nano, and wondered about ballasts available for a DIY project. I'm not fond of having to buy multiple kits, so AHSupply is out. I don't care for hellolights.com 13w "full-unit" design.

Any EE, or electrician out there to point me in the right direction? Oh, i tried Fulham, but the nearest retail store in southern IN, and i don't care to drive that far for a item under $40. Not worth the time, and they won't ship so the search continues.

TIA,

DW302

You didn't say how many you want to drive. You answered your own question if its for a single 13w, hmm.. You buy a 13W CF ballast.

Look at advancetransformer.com, and find the one you need. Most hardware stores carry Advance Ballasts.

barebottoms:

I would like 3 or 4 lamps driven off the ballast (that should be adequate for a 3.35 gallon w/ 'fug in overflow). I know what the model number is for Advance, but Grainger is a PITA in my neck of the woods and requires you to setu a biz account w/ TID #. Everyone that i've talked to on reefs.org and RC made a bogus name and got their item. My Grainger is not falling for it. HD won't order the ballast, as it's not in their list. So, i need a E-store or warehouse that does "counter" sales.

DW302

Deathwish (how morbid :D ),

Here is what I did. I went graingers.com, signed up for an account via a business. They have an option for that in registration. Then I waited the 3 days for the account to go through, and vola! I called up my local Graingers, they looked up the information, placed the order for my ballast for me. No questions asked :D.

BTW, I just recently got laid off, and I just gave them the information for my former company. So just give it a try via a business that you may have worked for that has an account with them, or via a friends company.

Hope that helps. It worked for me.

BTW, which one do you want? I've got a very good electrical supply by me. I can give them a call and see if they will ship to you.

You can try this guy too:

http://www.lenco-electric-recycle.com/

He specializes in surplus (but new) equipment, and he is a very nice guy. He can probably order what you want too. He had a pretty good price on a MH ballast I wanted, but my Grainger account went through by then :D

Go through the distributors for the fulham. One of them is bound to shipped to you.

I had mine shipped for an extra $5.

The Workhorse 5 is supposed to do 4 x13 Watts. Cost me $21. WH 7 costs $33. I haven't ordered from them in about 6 months. Hopefully they still ship.

You can contact Todd at

CA ELECTRIC SUPPLY (LONG BEACH)

562-426-3311

LONG BEACH, CA

Archived