Innovative Marine Aquariums

Ladies And Gentlemen, Hydroids!

wuzzo

I bring to you, Hydroids!  No but seriously, I'm kinda scared.  In my Fluval Evo I have like 5 of the polyp form.  And in my 10g no-filter I have like 20 or 30!  They haven't made it to the coral yet.  Is it possible to remove most or all of them?  Thanks!

• Like 1
Just now, WuzzoFish said:

I bring to you, Hydroids!  No but seriously, I'm kinda scared.  In my Fluval Evo I have like 5 of the polyp form.  And in my 10g no-filter I have like 20 or 30!  They haven't made it to the coral yet.  Is it possible to remove most or all of them?  Thanks!

Quit “feeding” them first and foremost and they will go away. 

Manually remove if they are bothering corals. 

I had some for years that didn't start spreading till now.... I superglued over them with a huge blob of glue spread over the rock. I was thinking maybe put something encrusting over the giant glue spot to really lock them in.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, WuzzoFish said:

They are all scattered on the glass and some in the sand, so unfortunately that won't work.

pics? 

No, I will soon be feeding Coralific Delight (one of my favorites) and frozen brine.  It seems only a couple are in the tanks ow and I can't see many, maybe they just went away partially.  Also I don't have a good enough camera to take pics.  They will just blend in with any algae on the glass with my iphone camera.