Innovative Marine Aquariums

Help with a RBTA

FishyTheManokit

FishyTheManokit

Hello everyone!!! I'm having a little bit of an issue with my snowflake RBTA, at first my issue was that it was closed up halfway for about a week, but thanks to some rather helpful folks at reef2reef as well as my lfs we determined that the problem was my high salinity as well as the fact that I had dosed my tank with melafix.

and since that problem has been solved a new one has popped up. So basically at this point I did a big water change and put some carbon into my filter to remove the melafix, this was this Thursday, and my anemone has started opening up, however now the issue is that he's visible shaken up, that meaning he is extremely small as well as the fact that he has lost two of his tentacles so far, and the majority of the rest are very stringy and spindly, at the time of writing this the nem is no larger than a dollar coin but he is still anchored to the rocks which I know is a good sign.
Is there anything I should do or should I just let this lad be and let him recover on his own.

Any feedback is extremely helpful!!

And if needed I can give any pictures/additional information

FishyTheManokit
15 minutes ago, Humblefish said:

I think your best bet is to let him recover on his own.

If he shows signs of infection, you can treat in a QT with ciprofloxacin.

Thanks for the help!!! ❤️