Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Fluval Evo 13.5 V.S. Waterbox 15 gallon

Garrett110

Hello everyone! I am new to this site so excuse me if I am asking the wrong question in the wrong place. But... I have a 32 bio cube and want to start a new tank and I am torn between the fluval evo and waterbox 15. I plan on stocking with one or a pair of clowns, and a goby, but my main concentration is on the corals and anemones. I plan to upgrade to a ai prime hd light. What do you guys think?

Welcome! 

I just bought a waterbox 20g cube (tech. 21.9g and I will be posting it soon). Amazing construction and quality. I would go with it over Fluval for a few reasons.

• Those extra couple gallons make a decent difference in these size tanks
  • Fluval construction isn't as good, Fluval is a brand found in Petco and Petsmart so I they are more on par with every Chinese glass tank
  • Waterbox uses high quality low iron glass meaning it's much clearer, stronger, and brighter compared to regular glass. 
  • Cubes IMO are more fun than elongated tanks
  • Rear chamber in Waterbox  has a lot more room/options for customization with filter media and such

Also, if you are really focused on coral I would just leave it to the Clown pair, the goby is small but in 15g every fish counts A LOT. But, you could totally do it none the less. Just a little heavier on the load if you want SPS

• Like 1